Even though everyone enjoys finding a good deal, this year, with inflation pushing up costs, saving money is more important than ever. The good news is that this time of year offers many deals. With pre-Black Friday specials, Black Friday sales, Cyber Week sales, and last-minute giving sales, retailers in the last months of 2022 are offering new savings chances nearly every day.
To guarantee that you don’t miss out on the best deals before you even begin shopping, we investigated which buying trends and goods will be the most popular this Christmas season. BlackFridayWeeks.com questioned over 1,000 U.S. customers to determine what individuals want to purchase over the Christmas season, where they plan to shop for bargains, what’s luring them to shop for offers and other information.
Among our top discoveries:
- 70% of buyers will consider inflation when purchasing throughout the Christmas season.
- 77% of buyers will hunt for discounts when purchasing a specific product.
- More than fifty percent of customers intend to take advantage of pre-Black Friday bargains.
Holiday shoppers are feeling the effects of inflation this year.
- Eighty-five percent of shoppers report that inflation has affected them, and nearly half (41%) have been compelled to cut their entire budget.
- Seventy percent of consumers will consider inflation while making holiday purchases. More than half (51%) of respondents say they will buy fewer items, while 36% say they will use more coupons. Meanwhile, nearly a quarter (22%) are purchasing more used products; merchants selling gently used merchandise and offering trade-in programs may experience an increase in these areas.
- The expected budget of shoppers for 2022 is only down 8%, from $786 to $725. However, growing prices will likely result in fewer things purchased for the same total amount in 2022.
The deal lookout is strong this holiday season
Finding the finest deals and discounts can help mitigate some of inflation’s adverse effects. Customers will place a high premium on sales and prices this holiday season.More than half of buyers (53%) believe they already rely solely on their purchasing decisions on price. 76% of customers mention that a reasonable price encourages them to purchase a product or service during Christmas, and 77% will search for a deal when looking for a specific product.
This holiday season, consumers are prepared to look for low prices and discounts to ensure they don’t miss out. Most cite discovering sales/promotions primarily through comparison shopping (46%), online ads (46%), and television ads (41%).
Black Friday shopping in stores is returning.
In 2022, consumers who want to ensure they don’t miss out on any savings possibilities will head into stores, although internet shopping may offer the best chance of finding a bargain.More than half of shoppers (53%) intend to shop in-store on Black Friday in 2022 – to find at least a few deals – and 30% will particularly head in-store to catch door busters.
Shoppers aren’t procrastinating in 2022
You’re not alone if you believe shopping on Black Friday (Nov. 25) is cutting it a bit close in terms of timing for holiday shopping. 56% of customers plan to take advantage of early bargains in October and November this year.
Here are the additional sales events that consumers plan to attend:
- Amazon (38%)
- Walmart (21%)
- Target (11%)
In particular during Cyber Week, are the retailers that consumers are most enthusiastic about purchasing at throughout the Christmas season.
What’s at the top of shopping lists?
Lastly, you may be intrigued as to which products will be at the top of customers’ must-have lists in 2022. While gift cards remain popular (they are on 56% of shopping lists) this year, shoppers also want to add various products to their carts.
You may like these deals!
Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Black Friday Weeks. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.