Are you looking for the best electric wok for your kitchen? If you love sautéing and stir-frying and cooking using other Asian cooking styles, then having it in your kitchen is essential, especially that it does not work the same as a conventional skillet. Also, using traditional woks is hard for a small burner cooking range.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
For that matter, you should be looking for an electric one, and here is your guide to getting started on top rated and quality woks.
- Temperature Settings
- Ease Of Use
- Material And Cooking Settings
- Presto 5900: When it comes to temperature settings that it can handle, the 5900 model might be for you because its temperature capacity 300 to 350 degrees F. It works perfectly for sautéing, stir-frying and most other types of cooking.
- Breville BEW600XL: It can handle up to 425 degrees F that can emulate Asian style cooking at its finest. It has a higher temperature capacity as compare with the Presto 5900.
- Cuisinart CSK 150: It is also an ideal wok to choose when it comes to temperature settings. When it comes to temperature, this one has the highest with 450 degrees F as compared to the Presto 5900 and Breville BEW600XL. You can depend on it for most cooking styles that you want.
Our Top Choice for TEMPERATURE SETTINGS: Cuisinart CSK 150
Cooking capacity or cooking surface is another important feature to look for when buying an electric wok, just as when looking for a kettle or a rice cooker. Depending on the size of your family, you may want to find one that has a larger cooking surface so that you can cook large batches of dishes at the same time and that you can prevent spilling of the ingredients with a too small wok for a gas stove or any types of cooking range.
- Cuisinart CSK 150: This model on the market has overall dimensions of 12 x 15 x 15 inches so it can be perfect for small to medium sized families. You can choose this one if you are single or if you have a small family.
- Presto 5900: The wok has overall dimensions of 17″ x 14″ x 10″ so it can perfectly cook larger batches of a dish as compared to the Cuisinart CSK 150 brand. It has 14 inches cooking capacity, which is ideal for busy cooks who want to cook larger batches of stir fried vegetables or sautéed dishes. It is roomier than the first model that we have featured here.
- Breville BEW600XL: This electric wok for electric cooktop has 14 inches of diameter or six quarts of cooking capacity that you can rely on for cooking large batches of vegetable and meat dishes. If you love Asian style cooking, this might be the one for you due to its large cooking surface. Its dimensions are 17.8′ x 9.2″ x 17.8″ overall measurements. It is best in this category versus Presto 5900 and Cuisinart CSK 150.
Our Top Choice for Cooking Capacity: Breville BEW600XL
EASE OF USE
- Breville BEW600XL: What is the best electric wok on the market? This product could be the answer. It is easy to use with its heat-responsive aluminum layers that can keep up with a high temperature to sear while sealing in the moisture. It also comes with 15 types of heat settings, making cooking easier than ever. It also comes with a dishwasher safe lid and bowl, and its lid is made of glass, letting you monitor the food you’re cooking.
- Cuisinart CSK 150: This is a non stick electric wok that can ensure that you won’t have to use too much oil in cooking. It also includes a glass cover that lets you monitor cooking without taking it off. It also comes with side handles for ensuring safe transport with its side handles. It is also made with brushed stainless steel. Overall, this product is better than the Breville BEW600XL for its ease of use features.
- Presto 5900: This is a small electric wok, but it is big time in ease of use. It is made with stainless steel, and it comes with side loop handles. It also includes a tempered glass cover that comes with a stainless steel handle and rim. It also includes wooden spatula for more convenience. For ease of use, this is the winner versus the Cuisinart CSK 150 and Breville BEW600XL.
Our Top Choice for EASE OF USE: Presto 5900
MATERIAL AND COOKING SETTINGS
- Cuisinart CSK 150: The wok is ideal even for amateur cooks with its cooking settings. It has temperature control dial, which lets you set the temperature without any hassle for precise cooking each time, it has a light indicator that can adjust up to 450 degrees F, and it is housed in brushed stainless steel.
- Presto 5900: The product comes with an aluminum-clad base that gives your food with even and fast heating. It is suitable for most types of cooking with its 1500-watt heating element. It also has a stainless steel body and it can help you prepare any types of dishes, including stir-fried vegetables using a small amount of cooking oil, preserving food’s natural colors and nutrients. Regarding cooking settings, this product works better than the Cuisinart CSK 150.
- Breville BEW600XL: The product has up to 15 precision heat settings, letting you take the guesswork out of the cooking process and giving you evenly cooked food all the time. Its detachable temperature control probe, just like that used for electric oven is also useful, letting you check for proper temperature without any problem. It stands out versus Presto 5900 and Cuisinart CSK 150 for its stainless steel base and die-cast bowl that has the Quantanium non-stick.
Our Top Choice for Cooking Settings: Breville BEW600XL
Aside from the features that I have mentioned here, it is also important to narrow down your choices based on the price. For that matter, I have categorized each of the products according to price range.
- Breville BEW600XL: This electric wok isn’t the most affordable in the group, but it is certainly one of those to look into if the price isn’t a concern but the quality of your investment. You can depend on its materials and performance to make up for its high price.
- Cuisinart CSK 150: This is the middle range product regarding pricing, but certainly, it can be for you if you are looking for a larger capacity and cooking settings. It is more affordable than the Breville BEW600XL.
- Presto 5900: This product is most affordable versus Breville BEW600XL and Cuisinart CSK 150, so it might be for you if you are on a budget but still wants a durable wok in your kitchen.
Our Top Choice for PRICE: Presto 5900
If you love stir-fry meals, then you should get the best electric wok. Decide based on the guide for capacity, price, material, cooking settings and convenience aspects. Fortunately, all these products meet our standards, and we hope yours, too. Each of them has their standout features to help you weigh your options.
Upon careful consideration, it appears that our best for the category is the Breville BEW600XL for its style, cooking settings, temperature capacity and overall performance. I hope the guide help you pick the right electric wok today!
Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Black Friday Weeks. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.