Which trampoline size is ideal for your family and backyard?
The ideal trampoline size for your family and backyard will depend on several factors, including the size of your yard, the age and skill level of your family members, and the intended use of the trampoline. Here are some general guidelines to consider when choosing the ideal trampoline size for your family and backyard:
- Yard Size: Consider the size of your yard and ensure that the trampoline you choose fits comfortably within the available space. Leave a few feet of clearance around the trampoline to ensure there is enough room for safe use.
- Age and Skill Level: For younger children, a smaller trampoline with a diameter of 8-10 feet may be more appropriate, while older children and more experienced jumpers may benefit from a larger trampoline with a diameter of 12-16 feet.
- Intended Use: Consider the intended use of the trampoline. If it will primarily be used for recreational jumping and fun, a smaller trampoline may be sufficient. If it will be used for more advanced jumping and training, a larger trampoline may be more appropriate.
- Safety: Choose a trampoline with appropriate safety features, such as a safety enclosure, padded frame, and sturdy construction.
In general, a trampoline with a diameter of 12-14 feet is a good size for a family with children of varying ages and skill levels, while a smaller 8-10 foot trampoline may be appropriate for younger children or smaller yards. However, it’s important to consider all factors and choose a trampoline size that fits your family’s specific needs and circumstances.
8ft & 10ft Round Trampolines
An 8ft or 10ft round trampoline is a smaller-sized trampoline typically designed for children or for those with limited backyard space. Here is a brief description of an 8ft and 10ft round trampoline:
- 8ft Round Trampoline: An 8ft round trampoline typically has a weight limit of around 150-200 pounds and is designed for younger children. It may be more suitable for those with smaller backyards or limited space. An 8ft trampoline may not provide as much bounce as larger trampolines but can still provide a fun jumping experience for children.
- 10ft Round Trampoline: A 10ft round trampoline typically has a weight limit of around 250-300 pounds and can be suitable for both children and adults. It may be a good choice for families with limited backyard space or for those who want a smaller-sized trampoline for recreational use. A 10ft trampoline can provide a decent bounce and enough space for multiple jumpers to use it at the same time.
Regardless of the size, it’s important to choose a trampoline with appropriate safety features, such as a safety enclosure, padded frame, and sturdy construction, and to follow all safety guidelines for safe use.
12ft Round Trampolines
Perfect for most families with two children who can ride together or older children who can ride individually.
A 12ft is 3.6m, so they don’t take up too much space but are large enough to accommodate larger children and adults. This size appeals to the most extensive age range.
If you only have the space or budget for a round trampoline, this is the optimal size for children who wish to attempt flips.
14ft & 15ft Round Trampolines
These giant “Entertainers” trampolines are social and family trampolines. They are, by size alone, safer, more entertaining, and can accommodate more than one child/person.
This trampoline may suit you if you have a large family or your children are all 10 years old or older. This trampoline will entertain your children for hours if they frequently have friends over and are social.
If only one child will use the trampoline and they intend to perform flips, the 12-foot model is preferable.
We no longer sell 15-foot trampolines but continue to provide replacement parts to previous customers.
7x10ft Rectangle Trampoline
A very lovely small rectangular trampoline, ideal for placement between a cubby house and a swing set or a garden shed. These trampolines are compact and have the same applications as the 8- or 10-foot round trampolines. Due to the smaller size, only one child should be permitted.
Easy to install into the ground.
8x12ft Rectangle Trampoline
Excellent trampoline with excellent bounce and sufficient space for children ages 12/13. This is the most common trampoline used by juniors interested in gymnastics to practice their routines.
On a rectangular trampoline, the bounce is typically generated by activating the springs at the width, whereas on a circular trampoline, all springs must be activated to create a bounce.
This trampoline is ideal for corner placement or in-ground installation.
9x14ft Rectangle Trampoline
This trampoline was designed and constructed for gymnasts who find the 8x12ft rectangle trampoline too short of completing their flips without landing on the pads rather than the trampoline mat.
The additional two feet make a substantial difference without diminishing the bounce.
This trampoline has sufficient space for two adolescents.
This trampoline is significantly more durable than the two smaller rectangular trampolines, as its frame tubes and pads are considerably thicker.
10x17ft Olympic Size Rectangle Trampoline
This unit requires a large backyard and is only appropriate for toddlers if you know they will get a good bounce when they are 8/9. It is more suitable for older children. Compared to a genuine gymnastics trampoline with a two-string woven mat, this trampoline is not relatively as buoyant. A double somersault would require a child to weigh between 65 and 70 kilograms on a standard mat.
We recommend that most families order this size with the high bounce option. Choosing the Australia Galvanized springs is a wise investment if your children are primarily interested in height, bounce, and ample space.
This trampoline is ideal for general family use. A durable frame makes this a wise investment for your backyard.
14x16ft Rectangle Trampoline
The 14×16-foot trampoline is a great size for making a bold statement. This trampoline dominated our backyard due to our four teenagers. It was a well-used trampoline despite the children being 15 to 19 years old. This space is ideal for soccer, wrestling, and a classic jumping-tag game.
This trampoline can be a neighborhood magnet, so be prepared for additional children to jump over the fence to use it. With over 200 pounds, this trampoline is not easily movable for mowing; drop the mower’s handles and mow under it. Again, it has a quality, thick, and sturdy frame for extended use.
Several cheerleading children prefer this trampoline. Ideal for tumbling and practicing techniques that, once mastered, will be performed directly on the floor.
Additionally, this trampoline is available with High Bounce and Australian Galvanized springs. Regardless of the size trampoline you decide to purchase, you must emphasize trampoline safety to your children as a top priority. Ensure that your children are taught how to play safely on a trampoline, as this will reduce their risk of injury.
If you have any additional questions, please get in touch with us for further discussion.
Products recommended in the post contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission when you buy something through our posts.
Why Trust Us
You will find what you are looking for at Black Friday Weeks. From classic to luxury brands, you'll find both. We will help you to select appliances that fit your needs, budget and lifestyle. Whether you want to stop by to learn more — or plan to make a major purchase — we’ll treat you like family and assist you every step of the way. Shop with us today to receive friendly and experienced help along the way.